Do I need to replace my fixtures after a fire?
SERVPRO Cleans and Restores All Areas of Your Home.
Dealing with the ramifications of a fire in your home can be stressful and challenging, especially when smoke residue tends to find a way on to almost every surface in your home. Cleaning is an essential component in the repair process and doing so quickly helps mitigate further damage. Our trained restoration specialists may need to remove your personal belongings to best clean your home. However, fixtures and other structural elements also need thorough cleaning.
Does SERVPRO remove the fixtures to clean them?
Technicians Restore Structural Elements in Your Home.
Cleaning everything in your fire-damaged home is crucial for a complete restoration. An often-overlooked part of your home is the fixtures like lighting, faucets, and doorknobs. Typically, our fire restoration team can clean fixtures without having to relocate them from your house. One exception may be intricately designed chandeliers since they may need detailed, precise cleaning and are very delicate. After cleaning, our team also makes sure that moving components work properly using silicone spray.
How Do Technicians Clean Lighting Fixtures?
- They are usually cleaned with the ceiling.
- Carefully around and behind fixtures to remove all residue.
- Hand, steam, or submerge clean delicate fixtures.
How Do Technicians Clean Bathroom and Kitchen Fixtures?
- Identify the level of residue.
- The technicians usually wet clean using the appropriate type of cleaning product for the material in question.
- After cleaning, fixtures may require a lubricating silicone spray such as WD-40 to restore appropriate movement.
For 24/7 assistance in restoring your home after a fire, contact SERVPRO of Farmington at (573) 756-5191. We make it, "Like it never even happened."